In my kitchen, we have no sugar, that’s because we use honey to sweeten everything, from cereals to tea, honey is fantastically versatile and has numerous health benefits too!
10 Honey Facts:
– Honey is the only insect-produced food that humans eat, remains edible forever
– Honey never goes stale
– Honey never gets infected by fungus
– Darker honeys are generally higher in antioxidant content than lighter honeys
– Aids weight loss as it speeds up your metabolism with its 22 amino acids
– Honey can be kept at room temperature for years.
– Raw honey can help heal wounds including cuts, abrasions and burns.
– Insomnia: Honey can help you sleep as it produces serotonin helping you to relax
– Coughs and colds: Honey helps with persistent coughs and sore throat
– Honey helps with the digestion of food, especially raw sugars and starch.